Green tea essential oil is an extract of the green tea plant and is used to moisturize skin, reduce cellulite, and so much more. It is not to be confused with green tea absolute oil, because that is extracted from camellia sinensis plants, commonly known as “the tea plant”.
Green tea is a very common type of tea that originated in China and is know common all over the world. It is made using unfermented leaves, taking advantage of the antioxidants of the plant. According to many population-based studies, green tea can even help prevent cancer if you drink it on a regular basis.
Traditional Chinese medicine practitioners use green tea as a stimulant and a diuretic. They would often use green tea as a way for you to stop having gas and to improve overall heart health.
|100% Pure Green Tea Essential Oil - 10ml||$27.90|
|Green Tea Premium Grade Fragrance Oil - 10ml||$6.99|
|Premium Grade Fragrance Oil - 30ml||$6.25|
The essential oil has also been around for many years. Natives in Asian countries such as China, India, Thailand, and Japan have been taking advantage of the benefits of green tea essential oil for close to 5,000 years.
The method employed for extraction depends on the part of the plant in use. When extracting the oil from the leaves, the method used is steam distillation whereas cold-pressing applies when extracting the oil from the seeds. The most commonly used part in extraction is the seeds because the leaves have very little oil content.
Benefits of Green Tea Essential Oil
- It contains polyphenols – Research shows that the polyphenols found in green tea essential oil are as potent as vitamin E. The polyphenols are powerful antioxidants that destroy free radicals caused by ultraviolet rays, radiation, air pollution and cigarette smoke. Oxidation also occurs naturally in the body. The oil, therefore, helps reduce the risk of chronic illnesses like cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes, oxidative stress and inflammation because the progression of these diseases involves an oxidative process.
- Lowers cholesterol within the body – This oil supports heart health by reducing low-density lipoprotein cholesterol also known as ‘bad cholesterol’ in the bloodstream while boosting high-density lipoprotein cholesterol also known as ‘good cholesterol.’
- Helps fight cancer – Green tea oil is high in vitamins A, E, and B complex. The vitamins inhibit the growth of cancerous cells, neutralize cell and DNA damage and fight inflammation.
- It reduces the risk of neurodegenerative diseases – The catechins in This oil have the capacity to reach the human brain. They help prevent neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases.
- It possesses astringent properties – Green tea oil can shrink body tissue. It is therefore useful for topical application to remedy lesions, scrapes, enlarged pores, wrinkles and inflammations caused by sunburn.
- Green tea essential oil has anti-inflammatory properties – The oil is effective in soothing inflammations from sunburn and minor injuries. It hinders further infection.
- Anti-Aging – This essential oil contains flavonoids, gallates, and catechins. They are powerful antioxidants that protect the skin from UV radiation and free radical damage. They also help repair collagen thereby reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
Uses of Green Tea Essential Oil
- Moisturizer – Green tea essential oils penetrates fast and deep into the skin leaving it without a greasy feel.
- Cosmetics industry – During the manufacture of creams, shampoos soaps, lotions, hair conditioners, perfumes, facial treatments and massage oils. It is a valued ingredient because of its anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and astringent properties.
- Reduce cellulite – Green tea essential oil helps reduce cellulite as it is highly potent in burning fat. Topical application increases fat burning metabolism underneath the skin thereby reducing cellulite.
- Promote healthy Hair – Green tea oil smoothens and shines dull damaged hair.
- Fostering a firm Skin – The oil is an antioxidant, astringent and possesses anti-aging compounds. It, therefore, tightens the skin and inhibits any signs of aging.
- Treating acne and promoting a smooth skin – The oil is effective in reducing sebum and inflammation. Due to its antibacterial properties, the oil helps cure acne and heal skin blemishes.
- Eliminate Dark Eye Circles – This oil is highly potent in treating dark eye circles and puffiness caused by lack of sleep. The antioxidants and astringents do this by relieving inflammation around the eyes, thereby reducing swelling and puffiness.
- Aromatherapy – Add a few drops of this oil to your bath water to relax muscles. Adding the oil in an electronic diffuser will help create a soothing environment due to the fragrance.
- Kill superbugs – The polyphenols in green tea essential oil are too strong for bugs. Hence they kill the bugs instantly.
As with any essential oil, you should not use this product internally. You should also make sure that you know what you are buying when looking for this oil. There are many people out there selling the absolute oil and calling it essential oil. Make sure that you look at the label before making your purchase!
Green tea essential oil has many cosmetic and health benefits. Experts include it the manufacture of drugs meant for chronic illnesses to prevent the oxidative progression of the disease. You can also use it in the production of skin and hair care products due to its high potency to kill bacteria, fungus and prevent damage caused by oxidation.
Personal and at home use will help you have acne free, smooth skin, slow aging, kill fungi present in under arm sweat, fight bugs and create a soothing environment.