The strawberry, otherwise known as the ‘the queen of fruits,’ is one of those juicy, sweet scented fruits that are undeniably delicious. They are also full of rich nutritional value made up of vitamins, antioxidants, flavonoids and other essential nutrients. That great nutritional makeup is what makes strawberry essential oil one of the most beneficial oils on the market.
Did you know there are more than 600 varieties of strawberries that differ in size and flavor? Well, now you know. The cosmetic use of these fruits dates back to the 17th century. Madame Tallien, a noble figure at the court of Emperor Napoleon, was known for bathing in strawberry juice.
As astonishing as it may sound, she would use about 22 pounds of fresh strawberry fruit per bath! Some people would also rub the red fruit on their lips as a natural lip stain. Ancient Egyptians, Romans, and Greeks used strawberries to treat skin problems like acne.
|Strawberry Premium Grade Fragrance Oil - 10ml||$6.99|
|The Body Shop Home Fragrance Strawberry Oil - 10ml||$6.00|
|Strawberry Premium Grade Fragrance Oil - 30ml||$14.99|
Strawberry oil is produced by cold pressing the fruit’s seed.It is created by mixing the result with synthetic ingredients and is therefore not a true essential oil, but a fragrance oil instead. That being said, they still carries many uses and benefits like a true essential oil.
Below are some of the uses and benefits of strawberry essential oil.
Benefits of Strawberry Essential Oil
- Anti-aging – Strawberry essential oil is rich in fatty acids and antioxidants that keep the skin looking young and radiant. The fatty acids make it an effective anti-aging treatment for mature skin. Strawberry essential oil also boosts the production of collagen, which helps in delaying the signs of aging to give your skin a healthy look. Additionally, Strawberry essential oil moisturizes your skin and repairs its moisture barrier to keep it smooth and supple.
- Protection from damage – In as much as we require sunlight for vitamin D, exposing our skin to too much of this sunlight can be a course for concern due to cancer risk. The ellagic acid found in strawberry oil protects the skin from harmful UV rays. By using the naturally produced fruit oil, you will not have to worry about filling your skin with harmful toxins in artificial sunscreen lotions. Strawberry oil offers antioxidant benefits that include protection from the damage caused by free radicals and environmental stress.
- Good for the hair – The oil contains a significant amount of magnesium, omega three fatty acids, and copper, essential for hair health. It’s ellagic acid properties also protect the hair from thinning or breaking. Strawberry oil also has antifungal effects like thyme oil, tea tree oil and rosemary oil, which helps to get rid of dandruff. The antioxidant properties of this oil will keep your hair moisturized. Strawberry oil acts as a natural conditioner for your hair and makes it shiny. Massage the oil into your hair regularly to for shiny and sweet smelling hair. Strawberry oil is also loaded with silica, prevents baldness and helps in hair growth.
Smells Great – I strongly believe that scents can do just as much good for your body and soul as the actual ingredients. I love to mix strawberry into body washes and sprays that I want to smell fresh and fruity. My kids love the smell and the uses of strawberry essential oil are undeniable.
Uses Strawberry Essential Oil
- Lightens uneven skin – Strawberry oil contains skin-brightening properties, thus making it an excellent natural agent for improving complexion. If you always wanted to have bright, unblemished skin, apply some of this oil to the dark spots, patches or scars on your skin and rinse thoroughly. Add this to your cleansing regime for a radiant and clear skin. Prolonged use of the oil can cause further damage to the skin because it is photosensitive, so use it with a lot of caution.
- Homemade facemask – Strawberry oil has the capability to remove excess sebum from your skin, a primary reason behind oily skins. You can use this oil twice a week as a great facemask to treat acne, clear blemishes and exfoliate skin cells while nourishing and revitalizing your skin. Strawberry oil penetrates quickly into the skin, thus moisturizing it without making it greasy. As with any cold pressed oil, it is advisable to keep the heat low when using strawberry oil in your skincare regime to retain the skin benefits it offers.
- Massage – Like every other essential oil, strawberry essential oil is excellent for massage. Besides its powerful scent, it is light in texture and easy to rub into the skin. You can apply it to your entire body after a bath or shower, to enjoy a therapeutic effect from its delicious fragrance. It nurturing ingredients will not only leave your skin smooth and soft, but your entire body will feel relaxed.
Great Oils to Mix With
I love to mix strawberry with other fruity essential oils to create fruity smelling mixes. Here are a few of the oils that I like to mix with myself:
As always, dilute essential oils with either carrier oils or water depending on how you intend to you use them. Using the oil straight from the bottle can cause an allergic reaction. Also avoid using this oil on the eyes, mucous membranes and other sensitive areas, as it can be very harmful.
Breastfeeding women and people allergic to strawberries should also avoid it.
If you are looking for a great essential oil to add to your fruity body product or candle, you should really consider strawberries. It is a great scent and the benefits of this essential oil are amazing.